Tweet Tweet

Contact Jaclyn -> info@jaclynreinhartmusic.com

Saturday, September 15, 2012

24 hours of awesome with two festivals, two shows, hundreds of amazing people!


Happy Saturday!

Wow the past two days have been pretty amazing. On top of playing 2 three hour busking slots and driving for over 1000kms in less than 24 hours, I met with 9 industry pros at the Atlantic Film Festival in Halifax and pitched them me and my music. Pretty epic!  I don’t know what will happen but I have some really good vibes. They were so welcoming and I got some wonderful comments from them. In just a couple hours I had the chance to connect with new people who have inspired me and encouraged me on a new level. The words Deborah Day and Amy Fritz said to me will stay with me forever as a confirmation that I am on the right track, a kiss on the cheek from Ralph Singh at EMI, the laughs I had with David Hayman and more.  It really does make a huge difference to go “belly to belly” (as Troy Spillman would say) because you get that full on connection with someone.   I also had a chance to chat with Andrew Hunter and Christina Martin as they were there for some meetings to so its always great to see some fellow musicians who work hard that I learn from and have the chance to catch up a bit.

I have had a really busy 2 days and I want to take this opportunity to say thank you to some pretty amazing friends /fans I have too in no particular order because without you I couldn't do what I do.

Thank you to the Atlantic Film Festival and the ECMA for setting up opportunities like this for us artists! 

Thank you to Jessica Middleton for getting my marketing materials all together (and thanks to Kwik Kopy too!).  

Darcey McLaughin for his writing genius! 

Thank you Waleed M for letting me stumble into Halifax and have a comfy place to sleep Thursday night after performing at the Jazz Festival then driving for 4 hours (4.5 since I got lost in Halifax at 2am!) 

Thank you to Charlotte Burhoe of CJayne Event Planning for coming down during harvest to set up another awesome Candy Station for the patrons.  It was a total hit and everyone loved it.  (if you would be interested in a sweet station or have an event and need help call her she’s phenomenal!)

Derek McLaughlin (Derek McLaughlin Photography) thank you for coming buy to take some pics of me Rockin CIBC. 

Also thank you to all the people snapping pics and posting them on FB Thursday and Friday night. 

Marc , Stephanie along with their daughter  Sienna for manning the candy station, getting me water and helping me with whatever I needed. You warm my heart and can’t thank you enough.

Thank you to my band Jeff, Tony and Grant for playing under the tree with me this year.  It was a fun set and interesting stage!

Thank you to Harvest for having us entertains the festival goers and give them the chance to experience my music. Thank you to Mel and the volunteers for all their hard work too.

A shout out to all the kids (big and small) for busting some movies while I played, it was a pleasure I was blown away by the huge crowds who gathered around to listen to me and for their generous donations!  

And I big thank you to my sister Krista and my Mom for helping me with the kids.  I have such a busy life and they are always there to help me no matter what and if it wasn’t for you I am not sure what I would do.  

I want to thank my sweet little kids Kasey and Benny (whom I love so much) for putting up with Mommy being so busy.  We have missed each other this week because I was so busy but today I am going to spend some time with them by going to the park and even walking around the HJBF for them to take in some of the entertainment and experience it for themselves.  I hope someday they look back at my busy life and know that it will have paid off for us.  I want nothing more than to inspire them to follow their dreams no matter how big they are. 

And thank you to all of you my friends/fans/family for always supporting me in my music and for all the love you give me. It fuels this crazy dream I have and your love is the icing on the cake.

To top this all off I was also accepted as one of the 10 NB bands to compete in the New Brunswick Musicians Emerge Festival on Sept 28 at the Charlotte Street Arts Center.  Stay tuned for more details! 

My face is very smiley :)
 
Muuuuwaaaa!  

Jaclyn 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note! I would love to hear from you :)