Tweet Tweet

Contact Jaclyn -> info@jaclynreinhartmusic.com

Sunday, April 15, 2012

ECMA 2012

Good morning!

I'm sitting here in Moncton at my friend Michelle's having breakfast and winding down from a great week here at the ECMA's. It was a treat to be the hosting province this year.  Musically we have so much to be proud of and we showed it off NB style this week. I did some some call backs to my radio station Fred FM to inform our listeners of some of the happenings. Collin McKay and I had some great chats!   All of the provinces showcased amazing talent and one of my favorite things to do during the ECMA's is to go hear music that I might not normally listen to and opening up my tastes. Then there is seeing people/bands I know and being blown away again at how they have improved since the last time I saw them.

This year I feel bad that I didn't take in the conferences as much as I had wanted to but regardless its always a learning experience though watching shows and observing.  I'm always looking to improve my show so not only was I enjoying music...I was working to ;).  Its great to be able to network and also continue to grow relationships though these events too because you really never know what might come out of it down the road. 

As for my show we played Thursday night at the Tide and Boar for the Music NB stage.  We had Kyle Albright from Oh, No Theodore on guitar for the show and it was a great set. I love getting off stage and getting such awesome comments from people.  Especially when they point out that you are different from what they are use to.  My music is very pop/rock and radio friendly so that's a pretty big category to be in so you want to stand out some how.  Regardless when someone take the time to even say anything is appreciated.


There are so many things I would like to write and give shout outs to the amazing bands but there are too many to name.  Thank you so much to ECMA, MNB, The City of Moncton the local organizing committee and all of the wonderful volunteers, artists, industry and the fans who came out to support everyone!  Its been a great week and I am very happy to have been able to be apart of it all and I'm already looking forward to next year!

<3 Jaclyn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note! I would love to hear from you :)