Tweet Tweet

Contact Jaclyn -> info@jaclynreinhartmusic.com

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A beautiful Wednesday in October

It has been a little while since I updated this and I have some down time so I thought I'd give you a little JR update.

Lets go with the format that I titled the blog:  Love, Music and Me and I'll update you on all of them.

Love: Well love is something I am not currently in with a person but with music. Music is my lover and always will be but he doesn't mind if I date now and then. Dating with no time isn't one of the easiest things. I do find time once in a while and I have met a few nice people and thats all good...but if it weren't for failed relationships and love trouble....I'd be lacking material to write about haha.  Oh I do write about other topics but you know what I'm saying.

Music: Oh music where would I be without it?  I don't want to know, I love everything about it.  Writing it, creating it, marketing it, playing it and all that goes along with the world of a performing songwriter.  My band is amazing, we have a great time and are really focused on whats going to happen in this next year.  We are constantly honing our skills and developing professionally.  This past year has been busy, exciting and I am very proud of what we have accomplished.  Performing at the ECMA's, releasing the EP, being a Galaxie Rising Star Finalist, showcasing at MNB week and just playing our asses off all over the place.  I love it!

Me:  Well me I've got a cold but feel great for some reason.  Whenever things happen that fall in line with my goals I just cant stop thinking about it and it fires me up. Im making a big effort to take better care of my health, getting my vitamins into me (most recently add the D vitamin to my regiment), watching my food intake and what I am eating. I also keep telling myself to start doing yoga..I mean I love it and have videos but can't seem to make time for it.  I go for walks.  Someone send me a message right now and tell me to pull out my yoga video please :)  jaclynreinhart@hotmail.com haha.

I'm also reading a new vocal book by Roger Love called "Set your voice free".  Since I'm not a trained vocalist I realize after performing so much this summer I have a few things to work on to keep my voice in better shape.  Thanks to Andy Brown for suggesting that one Im really enjoying it and learning lots.

I gotta give some advice and this applies to anyone no matter who you are, what you want to do in life and no matter how big or small -> Write down your goals, read them out loud, and check them off when you achieve them.  Sometimes you will re-evaluate them and things might change but people who write down what they want are 10 times more likely to achieve them.  Close your eyes and picture yourself having/being what you want and I am telling you, if you do this you will get what and where you want to go. I've seen things happen in my own life and believe me I'm not perfect at it.  I'm in a place now where I know this works and I will continue to practice it.  Im saying this because I've had an extremely stressful AND fulfilling year and if I can get though it then anyone can. 

Thanks so much for reading and taking an interest in my life and  music.

Love,

Jaclyn

JRB Empress Theater Moncton (MNB 2011 Showcase)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note! I would love to hear from you :)