Tweet Tweet

Contact Jaclyn -> info@jaclynreinhartmusic.com

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Fun while it lasted

Well my run with the Mama's pub Singer Songwriter competition came to an end Thursday night. I had a lot of mixed emotions about doing it in the first place because I'm not a fan of voting situations its too Canadian Idol for me but this one had judges combined with voters. I decided to do it and just said to myself that it was another avenue to get my music out there so no matter what it was a good thing. I made it to round three out of 4 so that's not too bad ether.

I just have to comment on all of the contestants from Thursday because I loved each one of them. Jessy has such a beautiful voice and is a remarkable pianist and songwriter, Matt McGuire is an incredible songwriter and I always enjoy his performances, Matt Léger has a beautiful soul and shows it with his melodic phrasing and sweet voice, Matt McFarlane is a rocker with an intense performance and unique lyrical style and last but not least Mark friggin Bragdon had me in such stitches I my cheeks hurt, he has such honest witty lyrics and very unique voice! There were more from the other weeks with lots of great material too and I wish them luck in their musical journeys and hope to see them all again at some point. I'm going to try and be there next Thursday to support the finalist but if I can't then I wish them each all the best.

I had an absolute blast doing it since I made some great friends, picked up a keyboard player for my band and got a chance for my husband and I to have a night out together. So it was a personal success! There was more talent there than you could shake a stick at! The crowd was entertained by each contestant with their individual styles and songs that I look forward to hearing more of. A big thank you goes out to all the family and friends that came out to see me play and support me, the judges who participated, and most of all Molson and Mama's pub for giving us all the opportunity to take part in this event.

Much love to you all,

<3 JR

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a note! I would love to hear from you :)